Monday, March 15, 2010

And the winner is...


For those of you who missed it, I was running a contest for Fiction February. I was asking for favorite fiction reads and all suggesters of fiction would get their names thrown in a hat and I would choose someone to win a favorite book. This took a very small hat. One entrant, one work of fiction, one winner. So, the person who suggested a work of fiction on my blog, the one and only Scott Semester from the blog All I'm Saying (41st most popular blog in Indiana, by the way), will win a book of my choosing from my vast library. Scott suggested I read The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. This appears to be a children's mystery story along the lines of Ellen Raskin. It looks fun and I hope you'll post here and let me know how it was, Scott.

An interesting tidbit for readers. Scott was, I believe, a sophomore at IU when he sat on a hiring committee that hired me to come to IU to run a student fitness/wellness center. (Don't laugh. It's true!) Isn't that right, Scott? We lost touch for many years until someone referred me to his blog which I read faithfully. He's quite funny and often posts humorous videos and articles. He inspired me (among others) to start my blog.

I have not quite chosen what I will send Scott. But it will be something funny.

5 comments:

Scott S. Semester said...

Woohoo! I don't think I've ever done anything that merited fireworks graphics. :) Will look forward to my prize, whatever it may be. Thanks!

Steph said...

Yay for Scott!

Lisa said...

Congrats! You are fun to read Scott! :)

Steph said...

PS - I'm having a hard time reading Committed b/c I can't pry it out of the hands of the DH. He loves it!

Amy said...

I hate it when that happens! (my pet peeve actually).