Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Hunger Games

Now that Grayson and I have finally packed away Harry Potter, we searched for a new reading adventure that we could read together.  It was hard to pick a Young Adult Book that would appeal to mother and son as much as HP did.  Many, many friends have encouraged me to pick up the Hunger Games by Susanne Collins.  So starting this past Monday night, the kid and I are getting to know Katniss Everdeen.

After three nights, all I can say is it will be hard to read this one chapter at a time (perhaps I'll have to borrow it and sneak ahead)  and it is keeping me up.  Did you all know there's a movie coming out in 2012?  Imagine that a strong female protagonist!  Thanks Suzanne.

3 comments:

Steph said...

OK, time for me to jump into this one, too. I know that a fellow writer has recommended this many times to us. ;-)

sweetcakes said...

You finally decided to read these! Yay! We have copies of all three books and everyone in my family has read them. It's really hard to top this series.

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to read this as well, both girls loved the series and Anna's reread it several times. Don't get caught reading ahead--Kate caught me out during HP! MKP